VMware {code} Community
asdt
Contributor
Contributor

Extract VM Host - Guest relationship through C# Application using VMware vSphere Management SDK

Hi,

I am trying to build a C# application that can extract VM Host - Guest relationship from vCenter Server. I am using VMware vSphere Management SDK for this task. I am new to using API to extract data from vCenter Server. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could throw some inputs on the below questions,

1) I don't have access to API Url and credentials. I need to create an application that should accept API URL, Username and Password from user and a Test button should check if the credentials are valid and application is connected to Server. Which API methods should I use to implement this functionality ? I sthere any sample code that I can reuse to implement this feature.

2) Next task is to extract VM Host and guest relationship data from vCenter Server. The data needs to written in csv files on clicking the Run button from C# application. Which API methods should I use to extract this data ? Also, is there any sample C# code available to reuse to  extract required data ?

0 Kudos
0 Replies