VMware {code} Community
andy_anki
Contributor
Contributor

Executing CreateFolder Operation Via SOAPUi/Webservices (SOS)

Hi All,

I am trying to write an application that will interact with the VIS via the webservices that are exposed. As a first step i am trying to call and execute the operation "CreateFolder" on the VIS (via the WebServices approach) on the SoapUI tool. In the SOAP Request that SOAPUi generates i am giving the inputs as following

type == Folder

value == ha-root-folder

name == MyFolder

When i execute this SOAP request, i get an error "Permission to perform this operation is denied".

Has anyone executed a similar Operation successfully on the SOAPUi or some similar tool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Andy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
hrobinson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You typically get this error if you have never logged in.

Once you log in, then you need to use the Session information in subsequent calls.

This is all automatic when you use a SOAP toolkit (axis, .net) but you need to do this with your tool.

andy_anki
Contributor
Contributor

Hey

Thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying. I am also able to execute various operations if I use Java Stub approach for WebServices.

If I execute any operation on the PortType Object after login I am able to execute the operations.

But I don't know how to execute the operations say CREATE FOLDER passing request as SOAP Envelope..i.e. what values of the UserSession XML I have to use and what are the placeholders of the USERSESSION in the subsequent requests.

Please let me know if I am not clear in my question

Best

Andy

0 Kudos