VMware {code} Community
maciej_wos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disk queue depth

I'd like to monitor depth of the queue for SCSI drives/LUNs. Is there any way to do it? I can't find a way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From the VMware ESX console, the storage unit can be traced through Host Adapter Level or the Vmhba Level:

Host adapter level: the host adapter driver provides the list of LUNs that are detected for each fibre-channel port. The directory /proc/scsi/

See the contents : e.g. cat /proc/vmware/scsi/vmhba0//4\:41, where 4 is the scsci id and 41 is the LUN Number.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From the VMware ESX console, the storage unit can be traced through Host Adapter Level or the Vmhba Level:

Host adapter level: the host adapter driver provides the list of LUNs that are detected for each fibre-channel port. The directory /proc/scsi/

See the contents : e.g. cat /proc/vmware/scsi/vmhba0//4\:41, where 4 is the scsci id and 41 is the LUN Number.

0 Kudos
maciej_wos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks dkaur,

I'll check it out. But what I'm writing at the moment uses VIM API and I was wondering if there's a way of getting all stats altogether from the API (queue depth is only one of few things I'm querying...)

0 Kudos
hrobinson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This stat was omitted from the current version. It will be included in a future release of the SDK.