VMware {code} Community
awald1
Contributor
Contributor

CheckVmConfig_Task error

I'm trying to use the CheckVmConfig_Task in the vSphere Management SDK to check if a VirtualMachineConfigSpec is valid before attempting to create a VM. I'm calling the code with

vimPort.checkVmConfigTask(serviceContent.getVmCompatibilityChecker(),
null, null, primaryHostSystem, primaryResourcePool, null);

and I am getting the below error, which complains that it "Got <host> tag when expecting <_this> tag". However, the <_this> tag should be a VmCompatibilityChecker https://developer.vmware.com/apis/358/vsphere/doc/vim.vm.check.CompatibilityChecker.html#checkVmConf... and this is what I am passing in. Does anyone know what might be wrong? :

Exception in thread "main" com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server:
Got <host> tag when expecting <_this> tag

while parsing call information for method CheckVmConfig_Task
at line 1, column 94

while parsing SOAP body
at line 1, column 86

while parsing SOAP envelope
at line 1, column 22

while parsing HTTP request for method checkVmConfig
on object of type vim.vm.check.CompatibilityChecker
at line 1, column 0 Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAP11Fault.getProtocolException(SOAP11Fault.java:178)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:124)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.StubHandler.readResponse(StubHandler.java:238)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:189)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:276)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:104)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:77)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:147)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy61.checkVmConfigTask(Unknown Source)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your thread to moderators, there is an area of the forums specific to the vSphere Management SDK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
awald1
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the vSphere Management SDK section of the forum? I can't find it.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You won’t need to once your thread is moved, it will show in the path at the top of your thread.

It is in a {code} area which covers many different SDKs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
awald1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. When will this thread be moved? Will it be faster for me to just post in the right place?

0 Kudos
awald1
Contributor
Contributor

When is this thread going to be moved? I could post somewhere else. How can I get this question answered?

Thank you.

0 Kudos