VMware {code} Community
johndemic
Contributor
Contributor

503 Service Unavailable

Hello All,

I'm running into an interesting issue with 2.5.0 web services. My application is hitting the SOAP API over SSL on port 443. This generally works fine, but occasionally I run into a situation where I receive intermittent "503 Service Unavailable" from the Tomcat server hosting the SOAP API. This will continue for 3-5 minutes then resolve itself.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what the resolution might be?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
storm27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The 503 service unavailable error occurs when your server stops responding or your management services are not running. It could be possible that you might be running an application or a script that causes the server to crash or stop it's management services. After a while when the services are resumed, the issue gets resolved. Kindly check if any such application is running or not.

0 Kudos
anujmodi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Check your servie is running, normally when your server is not running you get this message....or otherwise check that if you running any different service on the same port...

Anuj Modi,

If you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

The latest blogs and articles on Virtulization:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/amodi

Anuj Modi, If you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct. The latest blogs and articles on Virtulization: anujmodi.wordpress.com
0 Kudos