VMware Cloud Community
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vma 5.0/5.1 joined domain... but can't use vifp addserver??? kind of urgent :-(

Hi,

I joined my vma to my domain.  I pointed it at my ESX Admins OU when I did so.  I put the users I want to be able to use the vma in my OU, and gave them admin privileges in vcenter.

I can login to the vma fine as a domain user... but I can't do vifp addserver --authtype adauth etc etc.

It says I don't have permissions to run the command and when I put sudo in front of it, it says the user is not in the sudoers file... 

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.  Does this mean that only vi-admin can add the servers and that domain users can then do commands on those servers after vi-admin has added them (I haven't tried this yet, but will get onto it this afternoon)

or... am I supposed to add the users to sudoers files?  I know how to do this, but I am looking at how vmware expect this to be done and as usual, the documentation tells me how to join the domain and then says "Now you can add an active directory target to vma  and says to add target servers to vma on page 17... and then says you have to login as vi-admin...  so??? that seems to be pointing to vi-admin has to add the servers and an AD users can't?

thanks very much if anybody can tell me how this works today as I'm trying to demo this to some peeps later.

Bill

Bill Dossett
0 Kudos
0 Replies