Hi all,

Env: HomeLab

I am trying to update my vMA4.0 and I am getting the following error message:

$sudo vima-update scan

Encountered error: ValueError

Error message: need more than 2 values to unpack

$

1) I am not using proxy and can successfully ping public IP addressesfrom vMA

2) the vimaupdate.conf is the original withou changes, i.e., it has no proxy setup and depot is pointing to http;//www.vmware.com/go/vma4/update

Just want to find out why the online version is not working before doing an offline update.

Help is much appreciated

-

Somewhat learning VMware --- If you found the post useful please award correct/helpful points.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found the post useful please award correct/helpful points.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

try sudo bash and then run the vima-update scan

Forum Upgrade Notice - the VMware Communities forums will be upgraded the weekend of December 12th. The forum will be in read-only mode from Friday, December 10th 6 PM PST until Sunday, December 12th 2 AM PST.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
redbaron51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DST....thanks for the suggestion but I'm still getting the same error message even after sudo bash

Puzzled ?:|

Is this depot right????

depot = http://www.vmware.com/go/vma4/update/

-

Somewhat learning VMware --- If you found the post useful please award correct/helpful points.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found the post useful please award correct/helpful points.
0 Kudos
redbaron51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the end I have deployed a new vMA4.1 to replace the vMA4

In this new vMA4.1 box the vma-update scan works fine (as opposed to vima-update scan on the old vMA4)

Cheers

----

0 Kudos