VMware Cloud Community
ORosich
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vMA Command Line for vCenter.

Saludos,

El caso es que esoty trabajando con la vMA , y con el modo fastpass authentication puedo agregar mis servidores , y lanzar querys sobre cada uno de

para que me reporte la informacion. Pero mi pregunta es yo puedo lanzar una query desde el virtual center , y que implique a los servidores que son

gestionado por el ?.

Es decir que yo desde el virtual center lanze una query que me reporte las nics de los 2 servidores .

Saludos.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

So the answer is yes, you can, but there isn't a canned script that'll automatically traverse all hosts when you connect to vCenter. That would be a custom script you would need to create to do so. Depending on the operations you're launching, you would either starting writing them against vCenter and properly traverse all hosts and perform the operations OR connect to vCenter to just query the list of hosts and output that to a file, then read that file back in and perform the operations sequentially or even in parallel. This way you don't need to re-write any of your current scripts or if you're using some of the default canned scripts from VMware.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Could you please re-post your inquiry in english.

Thanks

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
ORosich
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Im working on the VMAs, and the way I can add my fastpass authentication servers, and launch querys on each

so I report the information. But my question is I can launch a query from the virtual center, and involve servers that are

managed by?.

That is me from the virtual center then launch a query that I report the nics of the two servers.

What is the reason , i can add my virtualcenter if not send command in the vMA.

thanks

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

So the answer is yes, you can, but there isn't a canned script that'll automatically traverse all hosts when you connect to vCenter. That would be a custom script you would need to create to do so. Depending on the operations you're launching, you would either starting writing them against vCenter and properly traverse all hosts and perform the operations OR connect to vCenter to just query the list of hosts and output that to a file, then read that file back in and perform the operations sequentially or even in parallel. This way you don't need to re-write any of your current scripts or if you're using some of the default canned scripts from VMware.

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

0 Kudos