VMware Cloud Community
Myersc
Contributor
Contributor

VMA 5.0.0.1 upgrade path to 5.0.0.2

Has anyone figured out the proper procedures to upgrade the VMA from 5.0.0.1 to 5.0.0.2?  We have too many custom scripts and changed made to the current VMA to just rebuild it.  We attempted to use the GUI upgrade but there where no updates found.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
brucekconvergen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good question-- the VMA 5.0.0.1 instances I manage, none of them can do the online update, no updates shown.

0 Kudos
joelgb
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question. My vMA is a fresh install at 5.0.0.1 and I was under the impression that update manager could update it. I too am not seeing anything in update manager for 5.0.0.2.

-Joel

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

I suspect the 5.0.0.2 package may have not made it to the online repository and that's why nothing is coming up (I can confirm you can upgrade from vMA 5.0 to 5.0.0.1, just not 5.0.0.2). I've filed a bug internally but if you could also file an SR to help track this, you can get the latest updates as well.

0 Kudos
Myersc
Contributor
Contributor

What is the big tracker number so that I can reference it in the SR? 

SR 12188837906 has been submitted.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please refer GSS to 892032, thanks.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to let everyone know that 5.0.0.2 patch is now available via the vMA Web Update site. I just confirmed by going from a vMA GA 5.0 to 5.0.0.1 and then to 5.0.0.2 and everything is working as expected. Screenshot is below when you click on "check for updates"

vMA-5.0.0.2.png

Thanks for your patience on this.

0 Kudos