VMware Cloud Community
daveclaussen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

New vMA v6 Server Error(s) Running an ESXCLI command: Connect failed. Server SHA1 thumbprint (not trusted)

New vMA v6 server. Added two, new ESXi v6 hosts to the vMA with no issues. When I change target to one of these new hosts, and try to run " esxcli system syslog reload ", I receive the error: Connect failed. Server SHA1 thumbprint [thumb print listed here] (not trusted).

Research tells me what to do if I get this error running and ESXCLI command on my PC, but nothing about when it happens in the vMA.

Any help is appreciated folks - thanks!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daveclaussen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To myself I say - READ THE MANUAL/RELEASE NOTES

vMA 6.0 Release Notes

• ESXCLI command displays SSH thumbprint error

When you run an ESXCLI command in each ESX target, SSH thumbprint error is displayed. Add the thumbprint against each ESX target using credstore_admin.pl utility. Run the following command:

/usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/general/credstore_admin.pl add -s <ServerName> -T <Thumbprint>

where : ServerName is the ESX target name and Thumbprint is the value that is received in the error while running the esxcli command.

For example:

vi-admin@sin2-pek-esxplatdhcp156:/> /usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/general/credstore_admin.pl add -s sin2-pek-esxplatdhcp211.eng.vmware.com -t E2:FA:96:09:FC:18:C8:19:07:3F:78:12:74:46:66:1E:C8:3B:84:8C

vi-admin@sin2-pek-esxplatdhcp156:/> /usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/general/credstore_admin.pl add -s 10.111.8.211 -t E2:FA:96:09:FC:18:C8:19:07:3F:78:12:74:46:66:1E:C8:3B:84:8C

This issue has been resolved in this release.

All better.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
daveclaussen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To myself I say - READ THE MANUAL/RELEASE NOTES

vMA 6.0 Release Notes

• ESXCLI command displays SSH thumbprint error

When you run an ESXCLI command in each ESX target, SSH thumbprint error is displayed. Add the thumbprint against each ESX target using credstore_admin.pl utility. Run the following command:

/usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/general/credstore_admin.pl add -s <ServerName> -T <Thumbprint>

where : ServerName is the ESX target name and Thumbprint is the value that is received in the error while running the esxcli command.

For example:

vi-admin@sin2-pek-esxplatdhcp156:/> /usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/general/credstore_admin.pl add -s sin2-pek-esxplatdhcp211.eng.vmware.com -t E2:FA:96:09:FC:18:C8:19:07:3F:78:12:74:46:66:1E:C8:3B:84:8C

vi-admin@sin2-pek-esxplatdhcp156:/> /usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/general/credstore_admin.pl add -s 10.111.8.211 -t E2:FA:96:09:FC:18:C8:19:07:3F:78:12:74:46:66:1E:C8:3B:84:8C

This issue has been resolved in this release.

All better.