VMware Cloud Community
fribse2010
Contributor
Contributor

Getting frustrated trying to get a password in vMA 5.5.0.0-1387931

I'm trying to set up vMA to get the APC Network Shutdown installed, and I'm really getting annoyed here.

I'm on a danish keyboard, so I'm trying to do it as simple as possible, to elimitate problems with keyboard mapping.

So after booting the vMA, setting the IP, it prompts me for a password for the va-admin user.

First I enter vmware for the old password, and then I enter Qazx1234! (as ! is mapped the same way on the 1 key on english and danish keyboard).

It accepts the password and boots up.

Then at the blue window, I press enter to login, gives it 'va-admin' as username and Qazx1234! as password, and it fails every time.

I've tried all sorts of tricks, like entering keyboard.typematicMinDelay = "2000000" in the vmx, but that didn't help.

I can't authenticate through the webinterface either.

How hard can it be? And why does vmware care what password we use anyways, its up to US to handle security, not them.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

only a thought. Did you try to enter the password in the user name field to see what's wrong?

André

0 Kudos
fribse2010
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I tried, it looked correct when I try to log in, but of course, I can't see it when I enter the password to change it from vmware

0 Kudos
NicolasCouture
Contributor
Contributor

I got a similar problem. vMA unable to accept password entered via Putty connection on vMA. Connected on vMA by vSphere client remote console then login in with the password with success. Entered "passwd" command to change the password by a new one. Now I'm able to connect with that password using Putty.

0 Kudos