VMware Cloud Community
vikern
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Firstboot

Hi!

I've reconfigured the vMA with aditional log disk and added some jobs with my scipts.

Now I want to deploy these to several environments. Is it possible to re enable firstboot from vMA before I shut down the vMA server and convert it into a new OVF file?

I've found the firstboot files for vMA located at: # /opt/vmware/vma/bin/firstboot/  But I cant find where it's being initiating from.

CentOS uses: # /etc/sysconfig/firstboot   But it does not help to activate it..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

vMA will only run the firstboot configuration when it detects the presence of the following file: /opt/vmware/vma/VMWARE_VMA_FB_REQUIRED and will call the appropriate firstboot scripts. You can actually see this logic in /opt/vmware/vma/bin/firstboot/vmware-vma and after it's completed it'll remove this file. If you want vMA to go through that process again, just "touch" that file and next time the system reboots it'll take you through network configuration

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

vMA will only run the firstboot configuration when it detects the presence of the following file: /opt/vmware/vma/VMWARE_VMA_FB_REQUIRED and will call the appropriate firstboot scripts. You can actually see this logic in /opt/vmware/vma/bin/firstboot/vmware-vma and after it's completed it'll remove this file. If you want vMA to go through that process again, just "touch" that file and next time the system reboots it'll take you through network configuration

0 Kudos