VMware Cloud Community
kasperottesen
Contributor
Contributor

Configure vMA for CIM Operations

I am trying to configure the vMA for CIM Operations. I am trying to connect to it from HDS Device Manager 7.

When I try to run the following command sudo /etc/vmware/vmware-smis-setup.pl I get the following error:

Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/libvmatargetlib_perl.so' for module vmatargetlib_perl: libtypes.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/VMware/VmaTargetLib.pm line 10
Compilation failed in require at /etc/vmware/vmware-smis-setup.pl line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/vmware/vmware-smis-setup.pl line 11.
Do you guys know what I am doing wrong?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Have a look here. http://communities.vmware.com/message/1631354?tstart=0

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

The reason you're seeing the errors is in regards to the vi-fastpass Perl module being loaded "use VMware::VmaTargetLib;", this module has been changed by VMware from vMA 4.0 to vMA 4.1 and apparently it was not well QA'ed even in VMware's own scripts. I had to find this out the hard way as any scripts leveraging this previous module would break. I haven't looked at the details of the CIM script, but to get pass the initial error you should try the following: "use VMware::VIFPLib;"

You may still hit other issues depending on what functions the script is using out of the vi-fastpass modules. Kind of odd that configuring CIM would leverage vi-fastpass ... but then again I've not really looked at the CIM stuff for vMA

kasperottesen
Contributor
Contributor

@DSTAVERT Thank you helpful discussion.

@lamw I tried to change the library but it still get a error.

I tried to run the .sh which creates a environment variable and calls the .pl script and then I am allowed to go throug the wizard and dont get any errors, I dont know if everything is ok but I will test it and post the result later.

0 Kudos