VMware Cloud Community
JeffOne
Contributor
Contributor

After adding target server to vMA respones slows drastically. Why?

Hello, I have just installed the vMA on ESX 4.1 and have got to the point where one specifies the target host. After doing so, the response to input in the console is extremely slow. I can type a command and wait minutes for a reaction. Does anyone know why this might be, it's possible that I have made an error setting up the vMA?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

What does the host configuration look like? How is the vMA appliance connecting to the network (post up what you can about the vSwitches and port groups)? We need more details before we can start helping. Otherwise we're stabbing in the dark...

I will say that I didn't see any performance change when I configured vMA 4.1 to connect to my ESXi 4.1 host.

Have you tried using a different method to connect to the vMA? Such as ssh via Putty...

Network Administrator

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

JeffOne
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I'll have a look for the information you need and post it up here.

cheers

0 Kudos
JeffOne
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I managed to solve the problem by deleting the vMA and reinstalling it, using most of the default networking settings upon first start-up. It now runs fine no lag from input to response.

I'm very new to this and will no doubt be using this forum a great deal in the coming weeks/months/years. I did look at the vSwitch & portGroup settings as suggested by Golddiggar and appreciate the help.

Cheers

0 Kudos
JeffOne
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted vMA and left defaults for the network setup as they were when installing the fresh vMA.

0 Kudos