VMware Cloud Community
Pudlike
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere 8 Free License key - Try again later

I am trying to get my license key for the free version of vSphere 8

I am aware of the message on top of the page:

Known issue alert: License generation for VMware vSphere Hypervisor 8 (free edition) - When registering to download the vSphere Hypervisor 8 package you may get the following error for its license information: "Unable to process your request. Please try again later". VMware is aware of this issue and is working to get it resolved as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

..but:

Firstly, I don't know how long has this been a problem and what happens when my trial expires. I have moved several of my projects onto the new machine, hoping this will be resolved in couple of days. It has been weeks now and I have no idea when to expect any help.

It seems very difficult to get any info on this. I have used 6.7 and 7 and never needed any support, but this time I'm just baffled what the issue might be, I would think that vSphere licensing is not something that just breaks... I mean, it's been around a while...

Many thanks for any info on this in advance...

37 Replies
HereComesBS
Contributor
Contributor

I've got nothing to add, just saying that I'm having the same problem. Would be nice if vmware would be able to give us some sort of update on this.

0 Kudos
dball05
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Anything VMWare?

0 Kudos
herbie002
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.

Maybe my free licencse key is locked because I mistakenly downloaded the evaluation version of esxi8  instead of the "vSphere hypervisor 64bit" on the bottom end of the eval download site.

Please Vmware fix this issue timely. I need the esxi8 key, otherwise my esxi8 server will stop at the end of eval period.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Meheh
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat regarding the expiry. VMware doesn't seem to care...

It already forced me to explore other options as this is a very bad experience...

alantz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was able to get the free key and apply it to my hosts. 

--Alan--

e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello
Free license key generation for versions 7 and 8 is now available.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=free-esxi7

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=free-esxi8

e_espinel_0-1667582342656.png

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
smjain
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using the 8 link below I am still seeing the same error message

"Unable to process your request. Please try again later."

0 Kudos
cevandy
Contributor
Contributor

Still unable to generate license key.  I tried different web browsers and different computers.

Pudlike
Contributor
Contributor

My key just appeared after about 14 days. I was getting the same error as you and one day it just showed up.

So I guess just wait and see... 

0 Kudos
syspiszis
Contributor
Contributor

i have same problem

AdeThompson
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the links, unfortunately they do not work, here's a quick capture of message "Unable to process your request. Please try again later. "

RN64
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue to me. Several browsers, several computers. It semms to be a general problem on the VMware server site.

So I hope, within the evaluation periode the generator is working again...

VanDean
Contributor
Contributor

Noting new to add either except I am seeing the same issue.

0 Kudos
danieleb1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem when i try to keep the license, for vspehere Hypervisor 8.

the error is: "Unable to process your request. Please try again later. "

0 Kudos
fastandwheels
Contributor
Contributor

same problem can't get an key

can someone do something about it before it became urgent? or do we have to downgrade?

0 Kudos
MP5093
Contributor
Contributor

also having the same issues.  it's been weeks and I'm still unable to get a key.

0 Kudos
Meheh
Contributor
Contributor

I waited for about 14 days and then instead of the error my key just appeared.

I don't know how long have you guys been waiting but it seems like there is someone issuing keys by hand and eventually they will get to your key..

That would be my understanding why my key suddenly appeared.

No e-mail or notification or anything. As you know yourself, finding a way to contact VMware as a free user is impossible...

So hopefully you get your keys before your trial expires... 

0 Kudos
keypass
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi guys 

any news to get a free V8 key?

other question... there's really a free v8 edition to use?

0 Kudos
Meheh
Contributor
Contributor

@keypass

1. Nope.

2. Yup.

0 Kudos