VMware Cloud Community
COS
Expert
Expert

vSphere 6 on server 2012 R2 - Getting Flash Error #1009 and Crash

As the title state, Getting Flash Error #1009

See attached image.

I have 3 ESXi 6 hosts and running vCenter 6 on a VM and Platform Services on another and with vROPS and Infrastructure Navigator.

I get this in Firefox and IE. Chrome is not an option but then again neither is Firefox. I only use Firefox because IE can't even get a dang console up, just shows black screen.

I was originally running on the version of Flash that Server 2012 R2 came with when you enable the desktop experience. Then I kept getting the error. So I updated to whatever latest version Adobe had and I still get the same thing.

I also get the annoying Flash Crash error. See attached image.

Also, this is a raw build and all defaults were selected with the exception of havein the platform services on a separate VM.

This is getting REALLY ANNOYING!

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeGeorge
Contributor
Contributor

I get that when I try to change the network settings on a vCenter appliance. I have found that if I just click no then I can continue what I was doing.

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert

Correct. If I click no it continues.

Sadly though it's not a fix and If this were in production and I had to click on 300+ VM's, I'd be really pissed off........more than I am now and this is just in the LAB.

0 Kudos
irzani25
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same error like you... unfortunately, the workaround to fix it such as login to vcsa by using ssh is not working:

# rm -rf /storage/vsphere-client/SerenityDB/serenity/*

Source: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=208994...

I'm wondering why .....

0 Kudos