VMware Cloud Community
dude1382
Contributor
Contributor

ovfManager reference not returned by RetreiveServiceContent query?

Hi,

We are in process of using ovfManager API. The primary requirement there is to get a reference to ovfManager object.

It seems that the RetrieveServiceContent query is not returning ovfManager reference at all. We also verified the same by using "wireshark" and tracing the xml output obtained from ESXi.

On the other hand, we see that using VI client, we can see the same retreive query returning ovfManager object.

we are using "vim25" and host is ESXi4.1

Please suggest if there is something more that needs to be done to obtain this reference.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you verify via the vSphere MOB that the ovfManager is in fact available? Use the following URL in a web browser that can communicate to your ESXi host - https://<esxi_host>/mob/?moid=ha-ovf-manager Also verify that you're using vSphere SDK 4.0 or greater, since the ovfManager first appeared in vSphere 4.0

0 Kudos
dude1382
Contributor
Contributor

Well this is strange.

If I add this line

"SOAPAction: xxxx"

then the response is complete with all required fields, but otherwise the response returned missed some of the optional datafields.

If this is a desired outcome, I would request to update the API spec, as already I found a lot of things that do not fall inplace Smiley Happy.

Thanks!

0 Kudos