VMware Cloud Community
Si333
Contributor
Contributor

need a license key for VMware vSphere 6.7 Hypervisor

Hello,

I was unsuccessful finding a license key for my VMware vSphere 6.7 Hypervisor. When I try to download the 6.7 version from the website, I'm always given the only choice to download and register v.7.0. 

I need a license key for v.6.7 Hyervisor (Not the trial version but the one with limited functions, yet FREE license. Can you help?

Si333

6 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nicozbleed
Contributor
Contributor

The link redirects to 7.x version

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Given that 6.x is no longer supported, it makes sense for VMware to only offer 7.0 and 8.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BTVMidia
Contributor
Contributor

Some of us need to run 6 because of old hardware. In my case my GRID K1 only has drivers for 6.5 and breaks on 7. I came here looking for a 6.5 key as well and everything on the website forwards you to 7 or 8. 

chillinn
Contributor
Contributor

I also need keys and a download for vSphere 6.7. As described, download page redirects to 7.

This kind of shenanigans by developers, removing access to older and unsupported software versions, is anathema. We're not asking for support, we just want to use our older hardware that is unsupported by newer software versions. Being that VMware is not a hardware company, why do the work of hardware companies for them without any benefit to VMware? 

Give us the keys and the software, please.

DavidLee82
Contributor
Contributor

I am also looking for the 6.7 key.

I am a new IT guy. Tasked with getting our suddenly unusable ESXi server back into shape. Previous IT guy who set up the server left exactly ZERO documentation when he left, most egregiously he didn't even leave behind the admin password or even the license key (the main issue is that the server is now unresponsive because of IP conflict and we can't log in to change the IP). However I am familiar with the server enough (IBM System x3650 M series) that I know the last supported VMWare ESXi server is 6.7 (I previously also used the same server at my previous workplace).

I can only get the keys for VMWare 7 or newer. The evaluation expires in 60 days. This is very frustrating for me. 

0 Kudos