VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

how can see vm performance for 1 week or custom time without vCenter

Dear all

Hi

i have single esxi and don't have vCenter now i want to see an average resource use for 1 week from some of my vms but on esxi just can show real time performance and can not select a custom time

how can select custom time on esxi host without vCenter?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By default a standalone ESXi host will keep 1 hours worth of performance data. vCenter Server will allow you to capture performance data long term.

Changes can be made to ESXI to store more performance data, but I am not sure that is officialy supported by VMware or not.

0 Kudos
Manuel_Serrano
Contributor
Contributor

This isn´t possible without vcenter.

The database of vcenter is where are this datas and graphs of performance

-------------------------------------------------------- vExpert2017, VCP5, VCP6. Ayudando a formar gente en https://virtualizadesdezero.com
0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

thanks

but now i need an average resource usage cpu and memory for 1 week and don't have any monitoring tools can get this average performance from esxtop or not?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I think you need to have anything but the free version of esxi, but you can try powershell. You can check every 5-10 minutes what the resource usage and save it to a file. The only other option is to ssh to the host, and use esxtop. Esxtop by just running it won't show you the average, but if you put it in batch mode and save it to a file you can get the metrics

ESXTOP - Yellow Bricks

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

0 Kudos