VMware Cloud Community
drubinkiewicz
Contributor
Contributor

Where is my Free ESXI Hipervisor 6.7 key and how can I download this version ?

Hi, when I try open
https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6

i`am redirected to
https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi7

So I dont have option to download 6.7 iso or copy my free key.

But still is possible download 5.5 and got my key for this version
when I use
https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi5

Why version 6.x in unanavailable for me and what can I do to get my 6.x key and download iso ?

16 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

You need a time machine....

0 Kudos
drubinkiewicz
Contributor
Contributor

still have access to 5.5 version and for 5.5 license key ... so time machine for this version working Smiley Wink

So I understand, that my 6.7 keys disappeared for ever ? 😕 Annoying message 😕

IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

There are countless threads about this topic since vSphere 7.0 comes available for download and the answer was always the same.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
drubinkiewicz
Contributor
Contributor

My fault because I dont found this similar threads. But I think a information about this fact at myvmware instead of redirection will be better solution Smiley Wink 

SebOli
Contributor
Contributor

And what is the answer?  Can you paste a link?  Countless in an ocean is not that many...

0 Kudos
SebOli
Contributor
Contributor

vFouad
Leadership
Leadership

looks like the free 6.7 has been made available again not sure how long it will be available:

Download VMware vSphere Hypervisor for Free

orione1974
Contributor
Contributor

If I try the link to download the free license for version 6.7, I am automatically redirected to 7.0. I specifically need 6.7 because my RAID controller works with 6.7, but not version 7.0. I'm sure that until a month or two ago it was possible to access the 6.7 license. Is it now definitively impossible?

Daniel_KCC0
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue did you happen to find a solution?

-Daniel
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Since all 6.x versions are no longer supported by VMware, it makes sense for them to no longer offer free keys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
bhill1
Contributor
Contributor

So for those of us that have mass storage adapter that is still in use on millions of devices that IS supported on 6.7  that have had a catastrophic failure on a perfectly good release...go pound sand? 

Welp, gonna have to go BACK to a different vendor's hypervisor. 

tonypags
Contributor
Contributor

When I originally installed my v6.7 host, I recorded my 25-char key in my password vault. When I had to rebuild my instance, I used the same ISO boot disk to install 6.7 from scratch and I was able to apply the key from two years ago when I first got it. 

Not sure if you have that old key, but for anyone else coming to this thread, it will work using the old key. I save everything all the time for situations like this. 

0 Kudos
LV7
Contributor
Contributor

Can we help me get a free license for vsphere 6.7?

0 Kudos
LV7
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, because that product version has been end of life for some time now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Vscovetta
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks... Proxmox here I come...

0 Kudos