VMware Cloud Community
marcinnowicki
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware vSphere Hypervisor installation network adapter problem

Good day,

I am a beginner in virtualization technology.

The first server I wanted to setup is a normal PC (CPU Core2Duo, VIA motherboard, integrated network adapter).
I downloaded iso image (from VMware web ), burned to a CD and booted from it. After loading some loadings the error appeared:

No Network Adapters were detected. Either no network adapters are physically connected to the system, or a suitable driver could not be located. A third party driver may be required.

It is logical to me, since the installer does not have any driver of the network adapter.

How can I solve that problem? How can I add the driver and where can I get it?

I have a separate CD with all drivers of this PC however they are for Windows OS.

I will be grateful for your help.

Best Regards

Marcin Nowicki

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - Not all hardware is supproted by ESXi - check here to see if your network card is supported http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php for potential drivers you will have to check with the manufactirer

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

assuming this is a test/lab system. the easiest way to workaround this issue is to get a network adapter which is either officially supported or at least known as working (e.g. an Intel PRO/1000 GT)

Btw. with the Core2Duo processor you might be limited anyway.

André

0 Kudos