VMware Cloud Community
Trustee82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View older task

In ESXi Host Client I can view recently task, but I can not older finished task.

In a VM we have changed the type of disk from thin to thick, we want to know if this task finished correctly and how long it took, when we have returned to the console, we do not see the task in the current tasks and and we cannot see it as finished either.

Can this information be seen in any log?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@Trustee82,

To check if a disk type has changed from thin to thick in VMware, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to vSphere Client.
  2. Select the Virtual Machine.
  3. Choose Edit Settings.
  4. Select the disk you wish to check.
  5. Look under Type.

If you cannot see the task in the current tasks and cannot see it as finished either, it is possible that the task was not completed successfully. You can check if there are any errors in the vSphere Client logs. If you still cannot find any information about the task, you can try running the task again.

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@Trustee82,

To check if a disk type has changed from thin to thick in VMware, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to vSphere Client.
  2. Select the Virtual Machine.
  3. Choose Edit Settings.
  4. Select the disk you wish to check.
  5. Look under Type.

If you cannot see the task in the current tasks and cannot see it as finished either, it is possible that the task was not completed successfully. You can check if there are any errors in the vSphere Client logs. If you still cannot find any information about the task, you can try running the task again.

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen
abulhol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same question!

We run hundreds of tasks per hour, so usually I can only see what happened in the last hour. 

I also couldn't find anything helfpul in vCenter.

Does somebody know where this data is stored?