VMware Cloud Community
Vertan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.0 - nsf41 client failed to load.

Hello.

I'm trying to install VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.0 so I can study it by myself, unfortunately I get this error while trying to install it.

My motherboard is a MSI Z97I AC. I couldn't find any topic that could lead me to some sort of solution. And messing around in the bios didn't helped either

I'm looking for a solution, although I can't be sure there is actually one.

Thanks in Advance.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

The error nfs client failed to load is the symptom of the ESXi server saying that it cant find the drivers to load for the network device in your system. Not many cards are supported by the default shipped ESXi image. Thanks to a.p, you can use the utility http://www.v-front.de/2014/12/how-to-make-your-unsupported-nic-work.html

to make a custom ESXi image with the network driver loaded before in hand.

zXi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

The error nfs client failed to load is the symptom of the ESXi server saying that it cant find the drivers to load for the network device in your system. Not many cards are supported by the default shipped ESXi image. Thanks to a.p, you can use the utility http://www.v-front.de/2014/12/how-to-make-your-unsupported-nic-work.html

to make a custom ESXi image with the network driver loaded before in hand.

zXi

Vertan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked like a charm, Thanks mate.

My adapter was the same as the tutorial. It's the most common or just happened to be the same as the tutorial maker?

zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Most welcome. Happy learning..

BTW,

It's the most common or just happened to be the same as the tutorial maker?

It is just that the video talks about Realtek driver which is the common network driver for most of the home desktops/workstations and the driver covers most of the device IDs under tat driver.

Cheers mate

0 Kudos