VMware Cloud Community
shopy95
Contributor
Contributor

Network Adapter Detected

While installing vSphere I get an error: No network adapters where detected. Either no network adapters are physically connected to the system, or a suitable driver could not be loaded. A third party driver may be required.

How I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That means ESXi wasn't able to match a driver with a piece of hardware. What type of system are you trying to install ESXi on? Make and model, please.

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need to find Network controller model, go to BIOS and check Network controller model then check for VIB installable which you need to add in ESXI image to make it work.

0 Kudos
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you installing on a Dell machine. You might have to customize installer and embed nic driver in the esxi installer iso.

Cheers!
Rajeev
0 Kudos
vembutech1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Check your NIC that listed in supported hardware for your ESXi version. If it is not listed, put a e1000 Intel NIC on the PCI slot. For most of the versions this NIC work.

0 Kudos
shopy95
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

The NIC is:

Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Regards.

0 Kudos
shopy95
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I use Asus N56 Notebook I7 16Gb RAM

The NIC is:

Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Regards.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

ESXi is not supported on any notebooks, and neither is that NIC.

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The driver is available in below link for this particular controller. My laptop has same controller and I tested it long time back successfully with ESXI 5.5. You need to customize esxi image adding this driver.

http://murzim.tistory.com/attachment/cfile7.uf@2210B83A524ECC74266AB6.vib 

0 Kudos
shopy95
Contributor
Contributor

How can I customize the iso imagine to adding the NIC driver? Can you send me the procedure?

Regards.

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

0 Kudos