VMware Cloud Community
BuffiniSystems
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need Advice. Moving VM's with RDM connections.

I'm trying to move A VM with 5 RDM connections from ESXi 3.5 (Free Version) Using Veeam FASTSCP to vSphere 4.1. I copied the VMX and VMDK files for the C drive only to the new datastore in vSphere.  I then attempted to add the RDM connections  to the VM in vSphere.  I keep getting an error message about the MAX # of supported Virtual Disks have been exceeded.

Notes:

1. After copying the VMX file to the new cluster the RDM drives shows up as a normal Virtual disk. x 5 (Even though I never copied them over)
  2. I normally add the RDM connections and delete these original "Phantom" Virtual Disks and all is fine.
  3. Apparentlly, this add's a total of 10 Virtual Disks which is putting me over the limit.
  4. Is there an easier way to move this VM to the new cluster.
  5. Any help is appreciated.
  6. SAN (Pillar Axiom 500 - 32 TB)
  7. Cluster = 3-Dell Poweredge R710  Intel Xeon x5690 @ 3.47 Ghz  96 GB of Memory Each..
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

check this kb http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1005241

might be useful

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

check this kb http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1005241

might be useful

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
BuffiniSystems
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I wasn't for sure about removing the RDM's from the original host because I normally like to leave then in tact just in case..  But after reading the Article, I feel more comfortable removing them.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos