VMware Cloud Community
Mower666
Contributor
Contributor

Missing -FLAT.vmdk file

Hello,

I experienced a crash with my ESXI 4.1 (hard disk failure on a raid array that was not completely failed...) and i had to turn power off the hard way.

Replace my drive and the raid rebuild start has supposed. While the server is "down" I also upgrade my server to ESXI 5.0 (Force migrate without touching the datastore).

After a few minutes, server start correctly and some VM also. I got a message on 1 VM saying can't find ".vmdk " , browse in the datastore and I find out that I am missing a 1TB file... I enabled the SSH on the host and log in with putty.

I navigate up to the directory containing my VM and when I do a "ls -a" I got a listing of all the files in directory and also got a error message saying "xxxx-flat.vmdk no such file or directory". It seems the file still in the datastore, but I cant manage to find it !!! Also if I look at the properties of the datastore, I only have 300GB left on a 1.8TB space, it look like the file still use the space in the datastore, but I cant find it to obtain the exact size or to copy it elsewhere.

Really need a hand on this, dont want to loose that file !!!!

Thank you !!

0 Kudos
0 Replies