VMware Cloud Community
NeenaJim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Life Cycle Manager - Patching is not allowed for multiple ESXi hosts together

I am using Life Cycle Manager to patch the esxi hosts.
1. To save the time, I put 5 or 6 esxi hosts in MM
2. Select the first esxi host (ESXi01) > Update > Baseline > select the baseline and click Remediate then I would see the message: "Host is ready to remediate. 1 action will be performed automatically if you remediate". After seeing this message then I would be able to click the button 'Remediate' and this will patch the esxi host.
3. After just initiated the patching for the first host, initiate the patching for second host (ESXi02) and so on.

But for 1 vCenter, it is not allowing me to patch multiple hosts together.
Meaning:
1. Put 5 or 6 esxi hosts in MM
2. Select the first esxi host (ESXi01) > Update > Baseline > select the baseline and click Remediate then I would see the message: "Host is ready to remediate. 1 action will be performed automatically if you remediate". After seeing this message then I would be able to click the button 'Remediate' and this will patch the first esxi host.
3. After just initiated the patching for the first host, if I try to patch the second host (ESXi02), by doing this: Update > Baseline > select the baseline and click Remediate then I am seeing the message: "Running the pre-check, which may take a few minutes if you have large inventory. Remediation may fail if the pre-check is not finished."
I am getting the message "Host is ready to remediate. 1 action will be performed automatically if you remediate" only by completing the patching for the previous host.

Can someone please let me know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
0 Replies