VMware Cloud Community
MTVOdqfIkd
Contributor
Contributor

How to inject network driver for Dell Vostro 1520

I try to install ESXi 5.5.0 on Dell Vostro 1520. But I see the error message the same as described in the following thread.

Vmware vSphere Hypervisor installation network adapter problem

Unfortunately, Dell does not provide a customized ESXi installation image for Dell Vostro 1520.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2012/05/08/no-network-adapters-were-det...

The following shows one solution is to inject the driver. But Dell website only provides the driver for windows. I'm wondering how to find the drivers that would work with ESXi installation ISO image. Thanks.

Ops changes part 4 – Injecting or installing drivers | VMware vSphere Blog - VMware Blogs

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ldesfontaines
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dell has to provide you with this driver. Maybe, a community supported driver exist and may answer your business need. Yoy may have a look on Dell forums. I'm not used to Dell HW, I cannot help on this point.

The method you linked of a vSphere blog was used in version 4.x of ESXi.

In version 5.0, the method you may use is auto-deploy, as you will be able to recreate a new bundle with your vib inside (when you find it).

Hope it helps.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This seems to be a laptop and there is probably not a driver for the nic. I would advise to install vSphere in VMware Workstation instead.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos