VMware Cloud Community
hurnayeong
Contributor
Contributor

How to check the UID of the storage volume connected to the datastore.

hi, I  have a question.

Data store was created with connected SAN Storage using HBA Adapter.
There are several volumes created in SAN Storage, and I want to check the volumes connected to the data store.
I want to know the command to check the UID value of the storage volume connected to the data store, not the UID value of the data store.
Is there a way to check?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kastlr
Expert
Expert

Hi,

not quite sure if I got your point, the following command will provide on overview which Device hosts which VMFS datastore

esxcli storage vmfs extent list

Regards,

Ralf

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)
0 Kudos
hurnayeong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is there a command to see the UID value of each storage volume in the host when multiple volumes are thrown into the host and created into one datastore?

0 Kudos
kastlr
Expert
Expert

Hi,

still not sure what you're asking for.

Here's an output of the command I mentioned earlier from a host attached to multiple SAN storage arrays.

kastlr_0-1635930839876.png

So what exactly do you miss in that output, as the Device Name does contain the naa identifier (UID) of each used storage device.

In this scenario it's a 1:1 relationship, so each VMFS datastore is hosted by a single SCSI device, but when using spanned VMFS the extent number will indicate the "order" of SCSI devices a VMFS is using.

So if you still miss some information here it might be a good idea to share a screenshot or similar related to your current problem.

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)
0 Kudos