VMware Cloud Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

ESXi Not Responding

Hi,

Got a couple of hosts which remain "Not Responding" in vCenter.

I cannot access the GUI of this Host (it times out are rarely even gets login screen)

SSH works but most of the commands don't with "Connection failed" error

Tried restarting hostd and vpxa but both are started yet issue persists.

Issue started when HBA FC links were brought up on the Servers after from Storage side the datastores were unpresented.

The datastores have not been unmounted on the Host so this might be a reason, but in any case FC links have been disabled again yet Host remain unresponsive.

What are the requirements/services to re-enable connectivity as otherwise the VM's are running fine on Host so understanding what is caution the issue on the Hosts Management is proving to be difficult.

Any ideas what steps can be taken to restore connectivity without the need to reboot the host?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
More details are required:
Version and build of the vcenter server and ESXi hosts.
Make and model of the servers with problems
brand, model, driver and firmware level of the HBAs.

Were the ESXi hosts installed with the standard VMware image or with a custom image from the server manufacturer?

From the vcenter server when performing a ping test to the ESXi hosts how much latency it has.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

we need to reboot the specific hosts, no other option as hostd/vpxa running (restarted also) and services.sh restarted also but in vain as Server management remains unresponsive. (Were working fine before)

Thanks

0 Kudos