VMware Cloud Community
Bwalters613
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 5.5 Free

Apologies for reiterating something for the thousandth time - but I am missing something for the free version. Is there a limit to how many VM's I can run?  Someone told me two, and that doesn't seem right, and I don't seem to see the definitive answer on VMware free specs. I see the removal of RAM limitations, that's great- but am not sure if they reference how many virtual servers I can run on a single host. I know the vCenter and CLI don't work with this, which is fine...it's a single host I can manage with vSphere Client. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The supported limit is 512 virtual machines if I remember correctly, its likely that your hardware resources will be the limiting factor.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The supported limit is 512 virtual machines if I remember correctly, its likely that your hardware resources will be the limiting factor.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Bwalters613
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Agreed - but do they have anything that states this? I just seem to be missing that piece.  I just need it for 'this is what the manufacturer states' kind of thing. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Bwalters613
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found it - thanks!

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere5/r55/vsphere-55-configuration-maximums.pdf  see Page 2 - Computer Maximums.

0 Kudos