VMware Cloud Community
klutch14u
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Downloading vmware.log results in pointing to the wrong host

Curious problem.  vCenter 6.7u1 (and u2), when I browse a datastore, go into a vm folder and try to download the vmware.log for that particular vm it directs me to the wrong host.  It's all web based of course so careful on speculation.  It is consistent though as it tries to go to the same (wrong) host for any/every VM I try.  Funny thing is, when you click download it redirects you to a specific host that it passes the download through.  Since the VM doesn't live on that host you get an error, if you just go to the address bar and change the hostname to the correct host it downloads it with no issue.  HTML5 or Flex has the same result.

I've tried 2 different clusters, one on u1 and one on u2, same issue.  Kinda of a odd problem to google for verbiage.  Any else have this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

same effect here with 6.7u3: vm runnung on host A (slave), host B is master. when trying to download vmware.log im redirected to host C

0 Kudos
klutch14u
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks bewe for confirming you have the same issue.  Anyone else care to try it?

0 Kudos