VMware Cloud Community
alstarian123
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot see hard disk info on VM'S using Vcenter

I am facing a really odd issue with managing my virtual machines using Vcenter, for some reason I cant seem to manage the attached hard-disks added to the VM and cannot add new hard disks as well.

HD.JPG

Although when i connect to the Esxi host directly it works. So something is not right with my Vcenter. I have rebooted it with no luck! This is a 7.0 VCSA appliance.

I tried creating an empty shell for a test VM and even for that I face this issue with that VM not having anything installed. I can edit the CPU and the Memory but not the hard disk info which is really odd...

My VC is on the build 18455184 and Esxi is VMware ESXi, 7.0.2, 18426014

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BHagenSPI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've have multiple glitches like this since upgrading to v7.x of VCSA. It seems that most go away after either rebooting the PC I'm using to browse vsphere, or updating the browser I'm using, or changing the browser I'm using, or opening vsphere in "incognito" mode in my browser.

I've not, so far, seen these glitches go away by rebooting the vcsa (I've tried!) or upgrading it.

YYMV!

0 Kudos
alstarian123
Contributor
Contributor

I tried changing my browsers and the fact that all my team-mates are facing this issue so it cant really be a fault at my PC. This one is really tricky to even search for answers on google... I mean I have tried searching every possible angle but no answers and that is when I posted this on the forum!

0 Kudos
gangadharbk7
Contributor
Contributor

We had same issue in in our Env. vcenter 7.0.2 (18455184).

There was SSL Trust Mismatch. 

Followed below kb article, issue resolved.

To resolve this issue, use the lsdoctor tool with the option -t (or --trustfix) to fix the mismatching SSL trust.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/85784