VMware Cloud Community
wayneoakley-msi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

host html5 website no longer working???

used to work great but have not had reason to use it in the past few weeks and now none of the 19 hosts that i have respond properly on the html5 webclient.

all hosts are the latest version of esxi 6.5, all hosts work properly with the latest vcenter 6.5 release.

tried different browsers, tried clearing cache and history and so on, same result of not working

sometimes i can get the login page and get successfully logged in on a host and the basics of the page are drawn and the window on the upper right has the basics of a progress bar but then it sticks there with no further updates anywhere on the page  with chrome it just sits for a long time and then pops a window from chrome about timeout

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

also tried several different servers with different versions of o/s and web browser.

as mentioned it is happening to all hosts.  this particular host has no load (no running guests)

quite puzzled and it is becoming a bit of a problem, particularly with vcenter needs to be rebooted and monitored to status using console on the host.

would anybody happen to have some insight on this or suggestions on further troubleshooting.

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wayneoakley-msi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

forgot to mention that with an IE browser i get the initial blue screen (but no vmware logo) and that's it, hung with no progress no matter how long i leave it.

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you try this one ESXi Embedded Host Client

0 Kudos
wayneoakley-msi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for the suggestion

had to reboot the appliance as it had not been used for a while and was not responding

after the reboot the html5 via the appliance is working properly, quick response and no getting stuck.  Kind of expected as it communicates with vcenter which is working properly

continuing with the troubleshooting but no luck, nothing seems to affect the problem, quite odd.

0 Kudos