VMware Cloud Community
bonkas
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to create VM's - Error

I am wondering if anyone else out there is receiving this error when creating new VM's:

"The VM configuration was rejected. Please see browser console."

pastedImage_0.png

I have tried all sorts of VM configuration as far and cpu, memory disk type, disk controller type etc.

Any Ideas?

19 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Which versions/builds (ESXi and Host Client) are you using?

There might be limitations in case the host is licensed with the free Hypervisor edition.

André

bonkas
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.5 Update 2 or 3 (Free)

Running latest version of the HTML Client Software.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The version might be the reason for this. Prior to ESXi 6.0 Update 2 even the Host Client was affected by the free Hypervisor's limitations. Are you facing the same issue if you revert the host back to Evaluation mode (if possible)?

André

bonkas
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome thanks for the suggestion.

Unlicensed the host and all of a sudden I can create VM's...

I guess this client is not supported under the free license for some features.

Will see what else I can find out as cant leave this server unlicensed.

0 Kudos
elesueur
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

FYI, the next patch release of 5.5 will have this issue fixed...

You can either wait for that, or upgrade to ESXi 6.0 U2.

0 Kudos
pilotq
Contributor
Contributor

I am and using ESXI 6.0 ISO provided by Dell. As soon as the Key License is apply all functions in Actions tab stop to work for me. Just like Reboot, Shut Down, Enables/Disables SSH, EVEN creates VMs, and so on.

1. 1. When this product is finish are we going to lose the functionality of it because are "Free Status License Key"?

1. 2. If it installed ESXI 6.0 Update 2  (which not provide by Dell), does it going to continuous to work with a Dell Server R420?

1. 3. Base on these circumstances, what would be the best approach in order to have the Free License Key and the web interface working as suppose to be?

Thank you so much for any light you could bring about this matter!!

0 Kudos
capitainemaillo
Contributor
Contributor

Did somebody find the solution ??

Unable to create VM's - Error

0 Kudos
Arise007
Contributor
Contributor

Try clearing browsing history/cookies from the browser(web client) you are using, then try creating the VM again.

0 Kudos
jagjitbhatty
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all.

Unfortunately, I'm still having this issue.

I went as far as reinstalling EXSI but I simply cannot create new VM's anymore.

Tried 3 different browsers, same error message.

Running esxi 6.5.

Connecting directly to the esx via the web UI.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have the latest supported version of the Embedded Host Client ("esx-ui" - see https://esxi-patches.v-front.de/ESXi-6.5.0.html ) installed? If not please consider updating it (Help -> Update)

André

vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What name you're giving to VM ? Make sure you aren't mentioning dot or any unsupported character in VM name field.

digambar333
Contributor
Contributor

I was facing the same error.. I did re-installation two three times, Given VM name with only characters still I was getting the same error. Finally I checked the out put in browser console.

You can open the Browser Console in one of two ways:

1. from the menu: select "Browser Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on OS X)
  2. from the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J (or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac).

In browser console you will see  failure message and reason, it was failing in .js script (scrap mozila, chrome browser). I was having one old windows machine where I tried to open my ESX 6.5 in internet explorer and it allowed me to create VM Smiley Happy

Cheap problem with chap solution took my three days. go ahead and enjoy Smiley Happy

haozch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My version is esx6.5 u1, I have the same error. I find if the point(.) in the VM name, it doesn't create VM.

have you resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
tom1gozzi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i have the same issue, can not create a VM; Error warning: ""The VM configuration was rejected. Please see browser console.""

So, I use an essential Vsphere/Vcenter license;

Help needed thank you.

0 Kudos
tom1gozzi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

1. from the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J (or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac).

In browser console you will see  failure message and reason, it was failing in .js script (scrap mozila, chrome browser). I was having one old windows machine where I tried to open my ESX 6.5 in internet explorer and it allowed me to create VM

Cheap problem with chap solution took my three days. go ahead and enjoy

Thank you for your help;

I tried on an old console, because actually, here is the main error under all current browser: (from the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J ) Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500

I found an old browser under windows 7, (from the keyboard: press Ctrl + Shift + J)  ...

No more errors under this old browser ...

And me, it will be more than three days that I do not go out of this:  In English, it means:  "The VM configuration was rejected. Please see browser console."

I remind that I use an essential VMWare  license (6 CPU )

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
KhuSip
Contributor
Contributor

Try to create Virtual Machine with VMware Workstation, because same error i have faced last time.

the solution is TRY "VMware Workstation" and connect it with your server after you can create your VM machine without facing any error.. i hope this will help you..

0 Kudos
SHANKAR046
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

can you login with vsphere Client and try.

Still if you are facing same issue. can we have a log file.

0 Kudos
JJ_2019
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same error with ESXi 5.5 U3 but after removing the license it happily let me create the VM it so stubbornly refused before. 

0 Kudos
Sukanyad
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try to Create the Vm using the Host and see if that works .

In that way we can isolate if the host or vcenter Issue .

0 Kudos