VMware Cloud Community
szsaifi
Contributor
Contributor

The type initializer for 'VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.ClientsXML' threw an exception

Hi,

I have installed VMware vSphere v6.0u1 on a PC and there was no error encountered in installation or running. On another PC, I tried to install VMware vSphere desktop client. The app installed successfully. But when I try to start, it takes too much time to start. And when launched, I try to connect to the vSphere server. But after taking a long time, it shows the error that "The type initializer for 'VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.ClientsXML' threw an exception" as shown below;

VMware vSphere Client Error.png

The system where VMware vSphere client is installed has !Windows 10 Pro, !Office 2016 and !AVG Antivirus 2016 installed. There is no other program installed which may cause any problem to vSphere client, as I think. Please tell me where should be problem in the setup. Is it Windows problem? Or some incompatible application causing the problem? Please help me ASAP. Waiting for response from experts.

Regards,

S. Zahir

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nithy07cs055
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

please check the logs , web client logs and windows vcenter windows server logs , you should be able to see some errors logged

please paste those errors to check

Thanks and Regards, Nithyanathan R Please follow my page and Blog for more updates. Blog : https://communities.vmware.com/blogs/Nithyanathan Twitter @Nithy55 Facebook Vmware page : https://www.facebook.com/Virtualizationworld
0 Kudos
szahirshah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried a workaround and it worked for me. For the problem described above, I thought there may be compatibility problem. As I stated earlier, I am using !Windows 10, so I thought there may be compatibility issue of !VMware vSphere Client with !Windows 10. So I tried to run the client in Compatibility mode, and it worked!

So if you find this problem in similar situation, try running the client in compatibility mode. That might solve your problem.

Thanks,

S. Zahir

0 Kudos