VMware {code} Community
voodooRod
Contributor
Contributor

vmci problem

Has anyone out there been able to actually get the vmci datagram sample to actually work?

I'm failing on VMCIDatagram_CreateHnd(0); After initializing the vmci device, I'm to make the createhnd call. It returns with the value, VMCI_INVALID_HANDLE. Does anyone know what could cause this failure?

I know the VMCI is "experimental," but if no one has actually gotten the samples to work, then why release it and have folks waste time. I hope that my frustration isn't true, and that the vmci does work.

thanks,

Rod

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_t
Contributor
Contributor

I've been able to get the VMCI datagram sample to work on windows and linux.

0 Kudos
harriscd
Contributor
Contributor

Which linux operating sytems have you been successful with. I'm working with ubuntu, and the library is failing to load. (See Failed to init VMCI library.)

thanks

0 Kudos
biggadike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which product are you using and are your Tools installed from that product?

The VMCI user-level SDK has been deprecated in Workstation 6.5 and instead we now offer the VMCI Socket interface. Please see http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ws65_s2_vmci_sockets.pdf for more information about VMCI Sockets.

0 Kudos
willon_tom
Contributor
Contributor

nice to meet you!my english is bad.i will disturb you.

I have the same promble.I have use ws 6.5,and installed the vmware tools.

i can not communication between host and guest or guests with datagram socket. i have reading the document your give above,but i can not resove the promble.

could you give me a program sample of datagram socket.

please send the sample to this address:toweicom@163.com .

thank you very much!

ps:the function sendto() return value -1 cause my program failed.

0 Kudos