VMware Cloud Community
maiconlp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

gets size datastore

Hello, I don't know if here is righ place for my question if doesn't please tell me where I can post it.

I'm attemping get information about size data store by CLI with follow command.

c:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin>"C:\Prograare\VMware vSphere CLI\Perl\bin\perl.exe" vmkfstools.pl --serve
--queryfs /vmfs/volumes/v7ksas17 --vihost jvelnx-vm01.tigre.in

so...it's work but it ask me user and password at the moment I run it.

I wish pass that authentication directly by CLI no after run "ENTER"

it's possible ? how to ?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

If you're using the vCLI on Windows, you can use the --passthroughauth assuming you're logging into the Windows system with the same credentials you would login to your vSphere environment.

If not, you can also specify the username and password by just specifying it on the same command:

e.g.

vmkfstools.pl --server [VC] --queryfs /vmfs/volumes/v7ksas17 --vihost jvelnx-vm01.tigre.in --username [USER] --password [PASS]

You also have the option of creating a session file and then specify that, that way you don't need to have your credentials in clear text.

You can take a look at the documentation for additional auth options here - http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vcli.getstart.doc_50%2Fcli_run_remot...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

thread moved to vSphere Command-Line Interface Community

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

If you're using the vCLI on Windows, you can use the --passthroughauth assuming you're logging into the Windows system with the same credentials you would login to your vSphere environment.

If not, you can also specify the username and password by just specifying it on the same command:

e.g.

vmkfstools.pl --server [VC] --queryfs /vmfs/volumes/v7ksas17 --vihost jvelnx-vm01.tigre.in --username [USER] --password [PASS]

You also have the option of creating a session file and then specify that, that way you don't need to have your credentials in clear text.

You can take a look at the documentation for additional auth options here - http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vcli.getstart.doc_50%2Fcli_run_remot...

0 Kudos