VMware {code} Community
Yang711
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vsphere.core.inventory.objectViewTemplate/objectCollectionTemplate are deprecate API

I used vsphere.core.inventory.objectViewTemplate/objectCollectionTemplate to created my ListView.

And, I hava interface (DataProviderAdapter) to use for getData().

But now vsphere.core.inventory.objectViewTemplate/objectCollectionTemplate will be deprecate ,

so they will can't be use.

Now, i use the vise.global.views ,and call my html , but i cant use DataProviderAdapter.getData().

so can you tell me , How can I use getDate() By DataProviderAdapter, but we can not use the objectViewTemplate/objectCollectionTemplate.

Please!! and Thanks!!

4 Replies
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Instead of "DataProviderAdapter.getData()" you can use the vSphere Management SDK APIs (vim25.jar).

We have demonstrated how to use the vim25 API in the HTML Sample plugin available in the vSphere Client SDK.

In the same sample, we have also shown how to use a global view as a single entry point to the plugin.

Best Regards,

Denis

Yang711
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,Denis

Thank you for your reply.

>In the same sample, we have also shown how to use a global view as a single entry point to the plugin.

Yes, Now I used the  vise.global.views for my view.

Example:  vise.global.views  My Global View  /ui/globalview/resources/mainView.html hasTitlefalse

That is to sya,  I will not use "DataProviderAdapter.getData()" ?

And I hava a question.

ex.  vsphere.core.${objectType}.summarySectionViews.html

If I use the vise.global.views for my view, How can I define custom ${objectType} ?

Best Regards,

Yang

0 Kudos
Yang711
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

------------------ vim25 API-------------------------------

Make Java Services Available to the UI Components in the vSphere Web Client and the vSphere Client

4 Import the service where your extension references it.

・ For Flex-based extensions, import the service into the user interface plug-in module that contains your Flex components.

・ For HTML-based extensions, import the service in the controller module that services your extension data requests.

5 Establish a communication between your service and the user interface layer.

・ For Flex-based extensions, use ActionScript to create a proxy class in your Flex component. The proxy class is used to communicate between the user interface plug-in module and the service.

・ HTML-based extensions access the service by using a REST API that communicates with the controller module on the application server.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the vim25 API, and I just did't understander 'interface plug-in module' & 'controller module'

'interface plug-in module' is like DataProviderAdapter ?

'controller module' is like DataAccessController?

so , That is to sya,  HTML-based extensions will not use "DataProviderAdapter.getData()" ?

0 Kudos
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

"If I use the vise.global.views for my view, How can I define custom ${objectType} ?"

The idea is that you do not need to define custom object type. You can create your own objects and your own Summary/Monitor/Configure views (such as in the HTML Sample).

You can use the vim25 API to get information about the vSphere objects.

Best Regards,

Denis