VMware {code} Community
liyeqing009
Contributor
Contributor

logbrowser's problem in vsphere 6.5(GA)

Hello,the developers of vsphere web client !
I have installed vsphere 6.5(GA   VMware-VIM-all-6.5.0-4602587.iso) in windows server 2012 R2.
Then I  installed my  plug-in by copy files to C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\runtime\vsphere-client\plugin-packages and then use service-control cmd to stop/start vsphere web client service(please check the attachment),and it failed.Until I restart the windows server,my plug-in can work well...
I checked the virgoServer and find the problem next
C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\runtime\vsphere-client\plugin-packages\logbrowser, please check the plugin-package.xml in logbrowser folder.It's has the wrong file name "unused" caused the virgo Server can't work well.
Can you tell me the offical release version of vsphere 6.5 will solve the problem???
0 Kudos
4 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you made changes to your installed vSphere 6.5 vCenter on Windows  at C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\runtime\vsphere-client\plugin-packages\  you may have messed up the setup, I can't help you more on this without seeing the while virgo log.  The important thing is that you should not touch any existing folder in \plugin-packages.  The proper way to install a plugin is through a vCenter extension as described in the SDK doc. 

0 Kudos
liyeqing009
Contributor
Contributor

>The proper way to install a plugin is through a vCenter extension as described in the SDK doc. 

The next version of our plug-in will use the proper way.But now,we need to use the copying ways.....

If I delete the logbrowser folder,the vsphere web client will work well....

please tell me if you placed the plugin-package.xml.unused in purpose...

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The errors I see in your log are not related to logbrowser.  Are you sure that just removing that directory solves your problem?

FYI, we disabled the logbrowser plugin in 6.5 GA but left the package there in case someone asks to use it (you just need to rename plugin-package.xml.unused to plugin-package.xml)

When the plugin-package file name is incorrect Virgo reports an error and skips the plugin, so the logbrowser bundle is never deployed in this case.

0 Kudos
liyeqing009
Contributor
Contributor

I installed a new vCenter6.5(GA) and delete logbrowser folder,then I installed my plug-in .

It has a lot of errors in the virgo server log.As you said,the erros caused not by the logbrowser.Then,I restart the vCenter configuration Service(like restarting the windows server),my plug-in can work well.

If I made changes to my installed vSphere 6.5 vCenter on Windows at C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\runtime\vsphere-client\plugin-packages,I must have messed up the setup?? my plug-in on vCenter 6.0,vCenter 5.5 are both used the coping way...it works well.

please check the virgo log file.(after deleting logbrowser,but still have errors caused virgo server didn't work well)      Thank you.
0 Kudos