Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6 U1 plugin is visible only in local web client

Hello

My setup:

vCenter: VCSA 6.0 U1

DEV environment: vSphere Web Client SDK 6.0 U1

My issue:

A plugin that worked fine on vSphere 5.0 - 5.5 stopped being visible on vSphere 6.

I adapted the plugin to conform with all changes described in vSphere Web Client SDK 6.0 release notes.

When I deploy the plugin to my VCSA, I can see it is registered fine in the extension manager, it is listed as enabled in the Solutions Client Plug-ins in the web client.

Bit it is not visible in my VCSA web client home screen.

However, In my Dev environment local web client (connected to same VCSA) it is visible and fully functional.

The plugin is not deployed locally to my virgo server, it was only deployed and registered against the VCSA.

In the VCSA I can see that the plugin was downloaded and extracted to the /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/ folder.

I could not see anything that could indicate this issue in my VCSA web client log - attached.

Can you please see if I missed something in the log and advise on next debug steps ?

Thanks

Shahar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Shahar,

I looked at the provided log file and I didn't see any problems with it.

Can you go over this thread and make sure that you have applied all the steps describe there?

In your local environment you are using the port to access the web client. Are using using the port when accessing the web client on the VCSA?

I would guess that you are not. And this means that you have missed to update the MANIFEST.MF file Web-ContextPath to be prefixed with /vsphere-client

Web-ContextPath: vsphere-client/kaminario-ui

Thanks,

~Peter

shaharke
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Peter

I have resolved it a few hours before your post

Indeed the Web-ContextPath was root cause

Shahar

0 Kudos