VMware {code} Community
jvitorino
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unregistering plugin for requires restart in 6.7

I've seen multiple discussions regarding the fact that unregistering an extension requires a restart of the Virgo server.  Most of those were older and we haven't experienced this issue with 6.0 or 6.5, however it looks like we're starting to hit this issue with 6.7.  Is there some issue that was reintroduced or have we just been lucky on 6.0 and 6.5?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Jesse,

Unregistering a plugin has always required a restart of the vSphere Client. This behaviour is by design and should be present in 6.7 as well as 6.5 releases.

In addition, you may also need to clear the cache where plugins are stored before restarting the server to ensure that when you register the plugin again, you will get the latest version and not the one from the cache.

Best Regards,

Denis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Jesse,

Unregistering a plugin has always required a restart of the vSphere Client. This behaviour is by design and should be present in 6.7 as well as 6.5 releases.

In addition, you may also need to clear the cache where plugins are stored before restarting the server to ensure that when you register the plugin again, you will get the latest version and not the one from the cache.

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
jvitorino
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would expect something like this to be somewhat binary, however when I tried it on our 6.5U2b system a restart was not required.  I performed that action multiple times and I never needed to restart the service.  That has been our experience up until recently.  We'll adjust our uninstaller to restart the service as you have suggested.

Thank you,

Jesse

0 Kudos