VMware {code} Community
dvk78
Contributor
Contributor

UI is vanishing

Hi,

I was able to successfully deploy the chassisa html sample and it worked fine.

The error that I could see in the log even prior to deployment was :

[10:58:48] [ERROR] No global naming context defined for server

I assumed that it was benign since the sample deployed well and ran well.

I wanted to model my plugin on similar lines. So I just changed the 'chassisAppCategory' label's value in com_vmware_samples_chassisa.properties, ran the compile-resources ANT target and refreshed eclipse. I could see the properties file copied over to the <stage> area of my local Virgo server.

However on logging in the Navigator pane is now empty. The errors that I see in the vsphere_client_virgo.log are:

Error when fetching NGC plugins from LookupService (SSO may be disabled). com.vmware.vise.vim.lookup.LookupServiceConnectionException: vSphere Web Client is missing VMware Lookup Service configuration.

What I observed was the .swf files of the samples were around 31K, but the ones that came up after the ANT build were more than 60K. I am wondering if this is a flex build issue. What other logs or configurations should I be looking at?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you resolve this?

It looks like a setup issue.  Did you try restarting the server completely?

0 Kudos
dvk78
Contributor
Contributor

Could not resolve this. Yes, tried restarting Virgo server multiple times to no effect.

It is an environment issue indeed. The samples run fine, but any modification on the sample wouldnt, though it deploys without any errors.

0 Kudos