VMware {code} Community
rathi27akash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The login request has expired due to a clock synchronization issue between vSphere Web Client and vCenter Single Sign-On server

Hi,

we have a vcenter 5.5 which is up and running. we are able to login directly into vcenter thorugh web client but when we try to login using localhost(running virgo server) we are getting and error :

The login request has expired due to a clock synchronization issue between vSphere Web Client                       and vCenter Single Sign-On server 

https://<<Vcenter Ip Address>>:7444/sts/STSService/vsphere.local.

we went through virgo server logs and i can see followin error message:

m.vmware.vim.sso.client.impl.SoapBindingImpl                    SOAP fault          com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server: The time now   Sat Feb 06 02:37:10 UTC 2016 does not fall in the request lifetime interval extended with clock tolerance of   600000 ms: [ Sat Feb 06 08:04:26 UTC 2016; Sat Feb 06 08:34:26 UTC 2016). This might be due to a clock   skew problem. Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.

note i have configured client.properites properly.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rathi.

Rathi.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This means that either the host where vCenter and SSO are running or your localhost machine (where your local Virgo server is running) don't have the proper time.

0 Kudos
rathi27akash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's correct from logs i found out the time on my local machine and SSO were out of sync. On getting them in sync, i was able to log in.
Rathi.
0 Kudos