VMware {code} Community
sonunarula04
Contributor
Contributor

Rules Management through Web client SDK

Hi,

While looking into feasibility of providing Rules management thorugh VCenter plugin, I was studying Rules management functionality provided through VCenter auto deploy server. Auto deploy plugin (installed in VCO ) uses SOAP communication to communicate with Auto deploy server.

But trying same SOAP request from standalone client gives namespace errors. Is there any way to implement Rule management functionality through VCenter plugin?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sonika

0 Kudos
1 Reply
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

> Is there any way to implement Rule management functionality through VCenter plugin?

This is the forum for the Web Client SDK, so I assume you are asking to implement Rule management through a UI extension of the vSphere Web Client.

I am not familiar with the SOAP API used to communicate with Auto deploy server, but the basic answer is that anything is possible since this communication will take place in a Java service running on the Web Client server.  See the diagram below if you are not familiar with the Web Client architecture: your Java service can use any remote access method to access other back-end servers or services, it is your own implementation.

ngc-architecture.png

0 Kudos