VMware {code} Community
Sumit_Tyagi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem running Virgo Runtime server

Hello,

I want to setup development environment for vCenter 6.0 on one VM(Lets say A) and vCenter Server setup on another VM(Lets say B).

Successfully install vCenter Server on VM B.

To setup development environment on VM A, I followed all the steps as mentioned in web-client sdk setup 6.0 docs.

After completing Step 2 (Virgo Server setup) in STS(version 3.3.0.RELEASE), I started virgo server, but it gives a popup depicting following error:

"Server Virgo Runtime was unable to start within 300 seconds. If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the server editor."

This issue is coming all the time even after restarting STS, restarting VM, and freshly uninstalling/installing components again.

Kindly see the attached log files and help.

Also, I am little bit confused in following step 3(Registeration with vCenter 6.0) in sdk docs.

It is mentioned that

1. For vCenter for Windows: copy dev-setup.bat to vCenter for Windows administrator directory.
  2. Run the dev-setup script. Two files get generated: webclient.properties and store.jks.
  3. Copy these files to your dev machine at the following location:
    Windows: C:/ProgramData/VMware/vSphere Web Client

But, there is no location "C:/ProgramData/VMware/vSphere Web Client" exists in development machine VM A.

How would my development setup at VM A knows what SSO password I have given to connect with vCenter Server 6.0 runniing on VM B.

Kindly suggest.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Path "C:\Program Files\VMware\CIS\vmdird" does not exist

Someone reported a similar problem a while ago. We were never able to reproduce it ourselves but their solution was to start Virgo with the server/bin/startup.bat

See:

Re: vsphere web client SDK 6.0 java.lang.NullPointerException: The URL of the VMware Component Mana...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please follow the SDK setup instructions carefully for vCenter Server Registration. 

> Failed to load keystore type JKS with path C:/ProgramData/VMware/vSphere Web Client/store.jks due to C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\store.jks (The system cannot find the file specified) java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\store.jks (The system cannot find the file specified)

You must copy the generated store.jks to that location on your dev machine.

0 Kudos
Sumit_Tyagi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi laurentsd,

Now, I have copied store.jks file at required location but still I get the same dialog box prompting "Starting virgo runtime at localhost has encountered problems".

Though, this time i didn't get missing "store.jks" file error in virgo logs but, I get some other errors in Virgo server logs:

• [2015-07-16T21:12:24.140-07:00] [ERROR] system-artifacts              org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener       No global naming context defined for server
  • [2015-07-16T21:12:32.881-07:00] [ERROR] region-dm-5                   com.vmware.vise.vim.cm.impl.AfdCMSource                           Error when talking to afd client java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Path "C:\Program Files\VMware\CIS\vmdird" does not exist

• [2015-07-16T21:12:32.897-07:00] [ERROR] region-dm-5                   org.eclipse.virgo.nano.core.internal.BundleStartTracker           Recording application context construction failure 'org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cloudVmServiceManager': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.

BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cloudVmServiceManagerImpl' defined in URL [bundleentry://173.fwk1852448465/META-INF/spring/bundle-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'ssoServiceImpl' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ssoServiceImpl' defined in URL [bundleentry://173.fwk1852448465/META-INF/spring/bundle-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'ssoLocatorImpl' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.

BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ssoLocatorImpl' defined in URL [bundleentry://173.fwk1852448465/META-INF/spring/bundle-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.vmware.vise.vim.security.sso.impl.SsoCmLocatorImpl]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException: The URL of the VMware Component Manager cannot be empty.' for bundle 'com.vmware.vimservices_6.0.0 [173]'

I have attached virgo log file. Kindly help.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Path "C:\Program Files\VMware\CIS\vmdird" does not exist

Someone reported a similar problem a while ago. We were never able to reproduce it ourselves but their solution was to start Virgo with the server/bin/startup.bat

See:

Re: vsphere web client SDK 6.0 java.lang.NullPointerException: The URL of the VMware Component Mana...

0 Kudos
Sumit_Tyagi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Laurant,

Thanks for the reply.

Finally, Virgo server started successfully Smiley Happy

I think, this information should be added in FAQ.html or SDK-Setup.html file, as it will be very beneficial for other users as well.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Kudos