VMware {code} Community
naveen_askquest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem in fetching Large Queryspec in Datagrid:

Hi Laurent,

Is there any max limit of result count that can be supported by DataProviderAdapter.

Because when my result count exceeds an certain limit(200 rows) the grid behaves abnormally by displaying blank rows in between or the wrong count of objects in the left pane on object navigator and when I tried to scroll down the bigger datagrid it is unable to displays rows however when my resultSpec size is short(50-60 rows) it works fine .

My requirement is to understand at what max possible rows I can set to fetch and display in the datagrid and how.?

Is there any way to handle the scenario as below screen shot.?

empty_lines_datagrid.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This has been fixed in 5.5.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting this. Are you using 5.1 or 5.5 beta 2?

0 Kudos
naveen_askquest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am using 5.1 SDK

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This has been fixed in 5.5.

0 Kudos
naveen_askquest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok .

Thanks for info.

0 Kudos
technova
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Laurent ,

We have observed same issue in our plugin developed with 5.1 SDK ,where data is not displayed in the object navigator and missing from some cells in columns of ColumnSet Container.Please have a look on below screenshot.

Could you please guide to some workaround to make it work with 5.1 SDK?

Snapshot.jpg

Thanks In Advance.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sorry, there is no work-around in 5.1 for the missing rows in that instance.  But the missing data in the Age column of your table must not be related the same bug because it was about the whole row missing when you scroll.  Check the data being returned by your adapter to make sure there is nothing wrong on your side.

0 Kudos
technova
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The issue is not with the data population for the age and other columns. These objects are getting properly populated in data adaptor but not displayed on UI.

Tried to deploy the same binaries on 5.5 webclient and it is displaying properly. Incase there are any jars with SDK 5.5 that we can use to resolve this issues kindly let us know .

0 Kudos