VMware {code} Community
wodge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Plugin content not showing when using IE against VC Version 6.0.0 Build 4514981, though working for other 6.x builds

Hi,

We have developed a plugin from the 0.9.8. seed code. We have noticed a bug when using IE and attempting to use plugin screens when specifically using VC Version 6.0.0 Build 4514981. When attempting to view a plugin screen the frame shows "Loading..." And remains there indefinitely. Both Chrome and Firefox work as expected.

In the Developer tools console, the following error is reported:

SCRIPT5011: Can't execute code from a freed script

However, when running against VC Version 6.0.0. Build 5318172 IE works as expected with the same plugin code.

We have also tested against builds of 6.5 and 6.7 which work as expected for H5 and Flex, for IE / Chrome / Firefox.

I strongly suspect that this issue is related to: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/548749, however, I don't know how to apply the fixes suggested here against our plugin seed code, as they refer to the web-platform.js code, which isn't included within the seed codebase (to my knowledge).

Could you please advise if this is related, and how we could carry out a fix to remedy this please?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Generally speaking, if your plugin is required to work on a 6.0 - 6.5GA (any version before 6.5U1) - it is required to have a web-platform.js file in order to access the JS APIs. We have fixed the described issue (SCRIPT5011: Can't execute code from a freed script) in the latest web-platform.js available in 6.5U1 SDK. In 6.5U1 SDK we have introduced a new bootstrapping of the JS APIs and the web-platform.js file is no longer required for further versions. We have provided an example plugins compatible with both 6.5U1 and previous versions. You can find the samples in 6.5U1 SDK.

Seeing that the issue is fixed in a later build, is your plugin required to work with the specific not-working build (4514981)?

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos