VMware {code} Community
nagababumca
Contributor
Contributor

[Need Help] Getting an error while selecting particular object instance (you have no privileges to view this object or it does not exit)

navigaionError.png

When I select any object instance (Arr1/Arr2/Arr3) from object Navigator ,I am getting an error called "you have no privileges to view this object or it does not exit" in work space area.

we have defined the template  "vsphere.core.inventory.objectViewTemplate" in plugin.xml.

And also we have written the business logic in my adapter class(which is implements DataProviderAdapter) same as like chaasisRackVsphere sample.

we are not sure why specific object instance is not being displayed.Please refer the screen shot.

Please suggest me,what is missing in it.

Thanks and regards,

Nageswar

6 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This may be a side effect of another error in your plugin.  Check the virgo logs for errors.

0 Kudos
nagababumca
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Lauren for quick response.

I  have seen the logs, i found some unrelated error is coming.

Actually we have taken chassisRack example as reference to our project.I mean we edit the chaasisRack  sample and modified as per my project requirement.

we have completely removed chassis related stuff also.And i have searched string with "chassis" in my project, found there is no string on "chassis".

Still we are getting the

[2014-07-24 13:15:28.443] [WARN ] http-bio-9443-exec-9         70000070 100004 200001 org.springframework.flex.core.DefaultExceptionLogger              The following exception occurred during request processing by the BlazeDS MessageBroker and will be serialized back to the client:  flex.messaging.MessageException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : URI urn:cr:samples:Chassis:server1/chassis-8 is invalid for this resolver.

and Please refer the attached log once.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This error means that you are still using code that creates the URI urn:cr:samples:Chassis:server1/chassis-8

It has to come from your plugin if the chassis-app plugin is not installed.

0 Kudos
nagababumca
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked my plugin Service and UI project code completely, i am not using anywhere that the chassis or sample word.

I cleaned the Projects, virgo server and browser history also.

What is the corresponding function and the constraint that will be called when a particular object is selected from the object list in objector navigator?

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Set a breakpoint in your data adapter "GetData" method and you'll see the various calls made by the UI to retrieve objects.

0 Kudos
rathi27akash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This Error can also come during URI creation. in sample project URI is created in ModelObject.java which has a method getType. if your object class which extends ModelObject also has getType method such error can come (overloading). i.e. this error comes when the URI is not formed properly and when from list you ask for more info based on mal-formed URI, service layer is unable to give the data and so you might be getting the error, object does not exit or you don't privelages.

hope this solves your problem.

Rathi.
0 Kudos