VMware {code} Community
MichaelLee81
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with Objects List View/Tab

Hi,

I'm wondering if Html-Bridge 6.0 ChassisA example will work on vSphere Web Client version 5.5, specifically the objects list view/tab?

I'm having this issue:

Objects Tab.PNG

No records being displayed and/or table not being rendered as expected. Please shed some light.

Kind regards,

Michael

9 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Michael,

If you want your plugin to work correctly in Web Client 5.5.x  you need to use Web Client SDK 5.5.1 (the first version with HTML bridge) or 5.5.2

MichaelLee81
Contributor
Contributor

Hi laurentsd,

Thanks for your quick response. We'll give it a shot.

Michael

0 Kudos
MichaelLee81
Contributor
Contributor

Hi laurentsd,

Sorry for the confusion. This is what I did, I download the sdk 6 and tried the sample, I used sample Htmll-Birdge(ChassisA) from vimclients-public-sdk-6.0.0.3018528 and deployed it to virgo but I don't see the table of chassis in the Objects tab.

Michael

0 Kudos
_vladi_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Michael,

You need to use SDK 5.5.1 or 5.5.2 if your target Web Client version is 5.5.x. Please download SDK version 5.5.2 from this page: https://developercenter.vmware.com/web/sdk/55/web-client and use the ChassisA sample from there.

Cheers,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
MichaelLee81
Contributor
Contributor

Okay sorry for the confusion. We're only interested with 6.x version. I'm assuming that the sample will only work if the target web client version is 6.x, is this correct?

0 Kudos
_vladi_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, that's correct. This is controlled by the following line in the sample's plugin-package.xml:

<pluginPackage id="com.vmware.vsphere.client" version="6.0.0" />

Defined this way it means "the plugin is compatible by Web Client version 6.0.0 or above".

Cheers,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
hdo0917
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think he meant to say that the sample chassis-B-html when deploy into virgo in SDK 6.0 does not work (the objects not displayed in the Objects tab). The development environment vCenter version (when you click About) shows it's 5.5 Build 1588022, so would that be the reason the object does not show up?

0 Kudos
_vladi_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for the clarification.
I have seen a similar problem which is most likely related to a few known issues with regards to SDK samples - specifically with the different flavors of chassis sample. All known issues with samples have been resolved with the recent 6.0.2 release of the Web Client SDK.

Please try out the same scenario using the chassisB-html sample from SDK 6.0.2. If the issue is still reproducible please confirm the used versions of SDK, Web Client and vCenter and attach the vsphere_client_virgo.log if possible. Thank you.

0 Kudos
MichaelLee81
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Let me provide you some more information.

First try:

1. Download the latest version

2. Deploying it in Serenity-Client 5.5

Issue:

Objects tab not working as expected.

Second try:

1. Download the latest version

2. Deploying it in the server(vimclients-public-sdk-6.0.0.3018528\vsphere-client-sdk\server)

Issue

1. com.google.gson could not be resolved.

2. Got rid of the gson-2.0.jar for the time being. Deployed it but getting another error saying "ds.properties" could not be found.

0 Kudos